Radiology Associates of Venice & Englewood offers Digital Mammography.
Breast compression is still necessary to obtain good images of the breasts but because of the digital technique, there are fewer “re-takes” due to incorrect exposures. Also, our radiologist is usually able to check the images while the patient is still there, so if additional pictures are needed, they can usually be done in just one trip without the inconvenience and anxiety of additional appointments.
It doesn’t matter if patients have had mammograms elsewhere. We are glad to obtain previous exams from other facilities and will compare them to our current images for any changes.
How Is Mammmography Performed?
- You will need to undress above the waist for this procedure. You will be given a wrap to wear during the mammogram.
- You and a breast imaging technologist will be the only ones present during the mammogram. The technologist will position each breast, one at a time, on the mammography equipment. The breast will then be compressed, and the x-ray will be taken.
- If you are having a screen film mammogram, the technologists will take all of the x-rays needed for the examination. She will then develop the films before you leave, to make sure each film shows the right view and exposure.
- If you are having a digital mammogram, each x-ray will appear on the technologist's computer screen, and she will be able to make sure each image shows the right view before positioning you for the next x-ray.
- The entire procedure should take about 20 minutes.
Digital Mammogram Advantages
The Senographe® 2000D Full-Field
Digital Mammography (FFDM) system
gives you a unique competitive
advantage. That’s because it arms
you with a revolutionary combination
of capabilities that change breastcare
For the clinician, it allows new
efficiencies and better care. For the
administrator, it provides the
competitive edge in the fight for
patient volume. And for the patient,
its accuracy and speed bring peace
Simplified by Digital
Like conventional mammographic
exams, the full-field digital mammogram
begins with the exposure – acquired
on the Senographe 2000D’s intuitive
gantry, designed for comfort and
- Soft colors and a slim profile help
relieve patient anxiety.
- A streamlined tube head, face shield
and the slim Revolution™ digital
detector facilitate ease of positioning.
- AutoCell eliminates the need for
photocell placement by using
individual pixels to automatically
determine the densest portion of
the breast early in the exposure.
- AutoMark automatically marks
the image with the appropriate
anatomical position marker
The Senographe 2000D delivers
exceptional image quality, easily
It also streamlines the radiological
process from the first patient contact
through the delivery of results.
Immediate image review potentially
reduces exam time, leaving more time for patients
>> Back to Diagnostic Imaging Services
>> Contact & Appointments
>> Radiology Services